We are pleased to announce that we have partnered with an affiliate, Wild Brilliance Press (WBP), who will be providing printed study materials for 2016. Here is what you need to know:
- Please visit the WBP website: http://wildbrilliancepress.com
On the Home page, there is an Orientation Message with important information. Please review it before purchasing your products or subscriptions for online resources.
- WBP was originally going to be launched as an online-only resource. For this reason, there may be a few glitchesin the first few weeks to work through, as WBP has had to rapidly convert over to selling print materials. Please be patient with them as the conversion has been a difficult, grueling process. There is a FAQ page and a Customer Service page with contact information if you have a problem.
- All printed materials will be ported over from Healing Mountain Publishing (HMP). In this regard WBP will act as a distributor for the HMP study materials until they can take the materials through their own editorial process over the coming year.
- Please check out WBP’s online subscriptions. They are being offered at an introductory price as more content is being added to each package. Each package includes access to content on the excellent Dr. Journal Club. Feedback is always welcome.
- The Annual Pre-Order sale will officially begin Monday, March 28th 2016, at 9am. It will run until midnight, April 15th, 2016.
- Please note that this is a pre-order sale, which means the print study materials are still in production. It will take a minimum of three weeks to print them, and then they will ship out to you. This helps control costs and that savings is passed on to you, which is the reason the study materials are discounted.
- If the delay inherent in the pre-order sale shipping schedule doesn’t work for you, wait a month and order at the end of April, when there should be sufficient stock to ship your products out to you within two business days. You will pay full retail at that time, however.
We hope this new resource will help you with your study needs. Best of luck with your board preparations.
Gary Piscopo, ND, LAc
Healing Mountain Publishing
Important Announcement from HMP
With considerable sadness, we are announcing that, effective immediately, Healing Mountain Publishing (HMP) will be closing down operations.
We've had a good run, but like many publishers, the realities of our increasingly digital world have been daunting. For example, according to information provided to the Association of American Publishers by a number of its members in 2012, U.S. publishers across all categories lose $80 million to $100 million annually to piracy. In combination with the small size of the naturopathic market place; the aversion to the price increases necessary to keep up with the growing costs of publishing, printing, and shipping; and the decline in support within the student community, the obstacles have become insurmountable. We have tried several strategies to keep costs down but most, like cutting staff, are difficult given that there are only three of us.
We are continuing to look at other options for getting our study materials out to the community in some form. If you would like to be informed if a viable option presents itself, please leave your email address below.
From all of us at HMP, we thank you for being our customers and for supporting our efforts to advance naturopathic education.
Gary Piscopo, CEO
Eric Yarnell, CCO